VIP² Freshmen Coaching
Through the Student Success Center VIP² Coaching, highly-qualified upper-division and graduate students team up with freshmen to offer free academic support, information, skill development and advocacy. These coaches have experienced the challenges and obstacles first-year students are facing and work closely with them to help form good study habits, solve problems, adjust to the demands of college life and more.
Your VIP² coach acts as a connector, a cheerleader and a catalyst.
Connector - Your coach will help you access university resources and get you in contact with the right person in the right department.
Cheerleader - Your coach will encourage and motivate you, as well as keep you accountable.
Catalyst - Your coach will help spur your success by helping you achieve meaningful and measurable goals.
At ASU, every student is important. In fact, every single student is a VIP. And that is exactly how this program treats you. Your coach responds to your questions and concerns right away, checks in with you, motivates you, and acts as an official friend. "Squared" refers to you and your coach acting as partners, forming an exponentially powerful problem-solving team. Through the VIP² program, you will:
- Develop a one-on-one relationship with an upper-level ASU student.
- Get assistance seeking out services and getting the information you need.
- Receive customized coaching for your changing needs throughout the year.
- Engage in convenient coaching sessions that can take place in person, by phone, via email or Skype.
- Receive rapid response coaching with the goal of most issues being resolved within 48 hours.
- Be able to address all issues — inside and outside of the classroom — related to your success at ASU.
- Enjoy a positive and personal experience that's free and confidential.
Make an appointment with a coach today and get started on the road to success. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 480-965-3289.